Fleet (North America) is an every-other-year gathering of Christian cruisers, mission organizations, ministries, and local churches passionate about using boats or ships as ministry tools to further the Gospel. King’s Fleet is meant to be an encouraging, safe place to share what God is doing in your ministry and life and to be prayed for and blessed by those who share in your ministry passion. At its’ core, King’s Fleet has and will always continue to have an equipping and missional challenge aspect to the event. Our purpose is to magnify Jesus and to enable others to see ministry as a lifestyle.
King’s Fleet originated nearly 30 years ago in Sweden as a gathering of Evangelical Christian ministries, their crews, volunteers, and boat owners for a three-day retreat. Early each spring, a different missions organization hosts the international conference in that ministry’s hometown.
King’s Fleet North America Conference
October 24-26, 2023
Mid-Atlantic Christian University
715 N Poindexter Street
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be consistent in prayer.”
Romans 12:12 ESV
Dr. Bane Angles, VP for Student Affairs
Dr. Claudio Divino, Professor of Ministry
Dr. Josiah Peeler, Assistant Professor of Bible
Dr. Ronnie Woolard, Professor of Bible
Dr. Bob Smith, Distinguished Professor of History
Ann Ford – Hold Fast: Keeping the faith in the storm.
Anne Posner – Art & Ministry or Art as Ministry
Cameron Springthorpe – TBD
Jeff Posner – TBD
- Our closest airport is ORF in Norfolk, Virginia.
- The Conference will start at 10:00 AM on Tuesday 10/24, and end at Sailor’s Midnight (9:30 PM) on Thursday 10/26.
- Our conference fee will be $100.00 per person (pre-paid), which includes nine meals and daily Fika. (Fika is Swedish for coffee break). A single-day $30.00 registration will include Fika and two meals.
- Room options range from berths on one of our vessels, a college dorm room, a room in local homes rented for the conference, and our friend’s B&B, the Culpepper Inn, or by phone at 252-335-9235. Please mention or use the online comment box that you are part of Maritime Ministries / King’s Fleet Conference to receive the US Govt per diem rate hotel rate ($98).
- Registration will be online as soon as add / drop occurs at the University, giving us the exact number of dorm rooms available.
- This conference is open to anyone who loves Jesus and boats!
- All meals will be in the new Mustang Café on the University campus. They are well-balanced, all-you-can-eat meals, including beverages, a huge salad bar, baked items, ice cream, and other desserts. This includes breakfast on Tuesday am before the conference starts.